The beaches of Istria are among the most beautiful and varied in Croatia, offering both sand and gravel, both rocks and pine forests. Istria is a region rich in history, culture and nature, overlooking the Adriatic Sea and offering breathtaking landscapes. Among the places to visit in Istria there are Umag, Porec, Rovinj, Pula and Premantura.
The top 10 beaches of Istria according to the Tripadvisor website are:
• Punta Kamenjak: an unspoiled beach surrounded by trees and lush nature, which is part of a protected natural reserve. Here you can dive from high cliffs, admire sea caves and enjoy the crystal clear sea.
• Fazana Beach: a pebble beach not large, with inviting and clean water. It is located near the village of Fazana, from where you can take the ferry to visit the Brioni islands, a national park famous for its biodiversity.
• Cuvi Beach: a beach located near Rovinj, with free parking and a shady pine forest. The water is clear and calm, ideal for relaxation and snorkeling.
• Mulini Beach: a modern and equipped beach, with sunbeds, umbrellas, bars and restaurants. It is located a few steps from the historic center of Rovinj, one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in Istria.
• Felsen Strand: a rocky beach with a lovely sea, located in the bay of Lone. Here you can enjoy the tranquility and nature, away from the crowd and noise.
• Njive Beach: a wide and quiet beach, with a wonderful sea and no boats. It is located in Premantura, a place known for its natural park of Kamenjak. Here you can walk along the paths that run along the coast and discover hidden coves.
• Four Elements Beach: a beach dedicated to water sports, where you can practice kayak, windsurfing, kitesurfing and stand up paddle. It is located in Medulin, a tourist resort with a long maritime tradition.
• Pinesta Beach: a fine gravel beach, with low and warm water, suitable for children and families. It is located in Novigrad, a city rich in history and culture, with a nice harbor and a well-preserved historic center.
• Škaraba Beach: a wild and rocky beach, with clear and deep water. It is located south of Pula, the largest and most important city in Istria, famous for its Roman amphitheater and its historical monuments.
• Penizule Beach: a beach formed by coast and crystal clear water, with a bar and restaurant. It is located in Porec, one of the most popular destinations in Istria, known for its early Christian basilica UNESCO heritage and its nightlife.