Discover Malta and its best beaches.
Malta is a Mediterranean island located about 80 km south of Sicily. It is characterized by a mild and sunny climate, with hot and dry summers and mild winters. The island is surrounded by numerous sandy or pebble beaches, some of which are considered among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean. Here are some of the most famous beaches in Malta:
- St. Peter's Pool: it is a natural pool located on the Delimara Peninsula, south of the island. The beach is made up of pebbles and rocks, and the sea is crystal clear.
- Golden Bay: located in the northwest part of the island, it offers a beach with golden sand about a kilometer long. The bay is protected from the wind, and the sea is calm, making it suitable for children as well.
- Mellieħa Bay: situated in the northern part of the island, it is one of Malta's largest sandy beaches. The bay is sheltered from the wind, and the sea is calm, making it suitable for water sports such as windsurfing.
- Għajn Tuffieħa Bay: located in the northwest part of the island, it offers a pebble beach and crystal clear water. The bay is protected from the wind, and the seabed is shallow, making it suitable for children.
- Blue Grotto: it is a series of marine caves located in the southern part of the island. The beach is made up of pebbles, and the sea is crystal clear. The area is particularly suitable for underwater activities.